Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Crazy University

So I looked on my PAWS account the other day and on the front page they are advertising for the basketball playoffs this weekend. They want us to "Pack the PAC!" So I says to myself, I says, "Sure, might be fun. Something to do if I'm bored on the weekend. And hey, aren't those kind of activities free for students since I paid through the nose to things like the athletics fund?" Apparently I was wrong. They want me to pay $5 to go see a basketball game that I might only be midly interested in if it were free. What exactly did I pay them for if I can't go see these games for free? It's like buying a ticket to the Blades game, expecting that you're already paid for, and then finding out there's a finders fee for your seat or something equally stupid. If it weren't an un-Christian thing to do, I might be tempted to ask for God's wrath to be flung down mercilessly upon whoever thought that students should have to pay more for these games.

I'm not really as upset as I sound, I just thought it was silly. Plus, it looked like I hadn't blogged in a while so I needed a filler blog to tide me over until something else exciting happens. Well, besides getting to pie Jr. High kids in the face on Tuesday night, that was a good time. I'm glad Mike thought to bring along his video camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home