Thursday, January 26, 2006

Country music?!?

So I was driving Lindsay to work today and on my way back I couldn't get a particular foo fighters song out of my head, so I turned on the radio. Now, for most of you, that might release a rush of pop or rock songs pouring forth from your speakers, but I find myself in, what some might call, an unfortunate situation when it comes to car entertainment. My car is an '83 (sometimes, like last night while driving a jr. high kid to the church, I feel like adding BC to that number) Chevy Celebrity. All original interior, including the AM only radio. Needless to say I listen to my iPod in the car whenever I can (it's only as dangerous as having the car stereo cranked), but on some occassions I find myself without and must turn on the radio for a distraction...like from people I feel should be endowed with a crushing blow from my 3,000 lbs of metal for something they did which I didn't particularly approve of (ok, prolly not 3,000, but it sure drives that way). To my surprise, I found myself liking some of the songs that came on, particularly the one with the following chorus which inspired this blog, entitled (I'm fairly certain this is the title anyways) "Back When";

Back when a ho was a ho
Coke was a coke
Crack was somethin' you're doing
When you are crackin' jokes

Back when a screw was a screw
The wind was all that blew
And when you said, "I'm down with that"
What you meant was the flu

Ah, for those good ol' days.

Makes me long for days on the farm... Sometimes I wish I hadn't had to leave the farm, but then I wouldn't have some of the wonderful things and relationships, particularly the ones with God and my wife, that I have. C'est la vie! (I hope I spelled that right....never was very good with french grammar and spelling)

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I love that song by Tim McGraw, even though I am a city girl through and through. Makes me smile every time :)

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Lindsay said...

uhh, it's a Malibu, not a celebrity, how could you forget? It's a classic ;D

10:20 AM

 
Blogger Jay said...

I like that song too. I gotta say Joel, some of thebest times I've ever had were on friends & family's farms. I understand to a degree where you're coming from.

BTW, don't get pulled over listening to your iPod. It's illegal to have headphones on while driving.

12:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home