Wednesday, April 19, 2006

neglected

As you may have noticed, I have severely neglected my blog over the last few weeks. This is for a number of reasons; 1)I've been busy packing and whatnot, 2)because of #1, I haven't had much time for writing about useless things, 3)nothing spectacularly exciting has happenend, and finally, 4) I'm kind of bored with writing in this. Perhaps #4 is just spring setting in, what with it being nice outside and me not being trapped indoors because of a fear of possibly losing various extremeties to the cold. Or it could just be the busyness. Who knows for sure? Even now I struggle for things to write down on here. That could also be because it's 12:23am and I have a cold that is slowly disintegrating what is left of my brain.

Anyways, I'm still waiting to finish my last final. 7 days until I'm free from the fetters and excitement of formal educational settings. Bittersweet, really. I have one mark back so far, and to tell the truth, I'm not terribly pleased with it. I must have bombed on the final because I thought I would get something in the mid to low 70s, but that was not the case. In any event, I passed the class the second time around (yes, second) and it raised my average a measly .21 percent. And it only cost me a couple thousand dollars, hurray!!! Oh well, c'est la vie.

In other news, as mentioned above, the forthcoming move has me somewhat preoccupied with packing and whatnot, though I never seem to get as far as I would have hoped. I'm sure it will all come together in the end. My sister just came back from Australia to finalize her visa stuff, so I have some more slave labour that I can draw upon. She's seen the worst of my moving experiences, which included her doing most of the packing day of the move, so I'm sure she won't mind helping me out some. That brings me to my last point before I throw myself into bed and hope that I don't have to spend too long staring at the ceiling before sleep takes me away. I mentioned in a previous blog about a barbeque that would be happening at my dad's place (where we are moving to for a couple of months while he is in Oz for aforementioned sister's wedding that I am too poor to attend) and we're hoping to start that around 1pm on Saturday, April 29th. If you wish to help with the move, we'll probably be starting early that day since we can pick up the truck at around 7am, but just come after you've eaten breakfast if you'd like. the barbeque is not only for people who are helping with the move, so come and enjoy some food and hanging out for the afternoon no matter what. God willing it will be a beautiful day and my dad has a huge backyard, so it should be a good time. Call me for the address if you're just coming for the barbeque or if you need more details. ummmmm....I think that's it, but if I miss anything important, let me know. Hope to see you April 29th!

3 Comments:

Blogger LJE said...

i'll have to get the addy from you next time i see you.

hope your last exam is dandy! it will feel SO good to be done! And congrats on passing your class.

9:24 AM

 
Blogger LJE said...

hey Joel....email me at my usask account.... it's my first name . last name @usask.ca, tell me the address and the times....

I may have worship team practise in the morning, but tony should be free, and i'll join up when i can.

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Angie said...

How'd the move go?

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home