Friday, March 24, 2006

Once again

So here I am once again, wasting time from the massive (well, to me its massive) amount of work that awaits. I'm in the process of trying to muddle through a research assignment on a topic which no scholarly person or organization have deigned to write about, which is super odd. I wrote a paper on William Gibson's "Johnny Mnemonic" (the short story, not the horrible, horrible movie) and if you know anything about Gibson, you'd be surprised that there isn't anything on the topic. This guy invented the term "cyberspace" in his first novel "Neuromancer" and is considered the grandfather (or father, depending on who you ask) of cyber-punk fiction, which is a huge genre. I mean, what else, besides computer manuals, do hackers read?? Anyways, besides that horrible project, about which I just e-mailed my prof, I have 2 essays due. Neither one of them is very long, but I just finished writing that other paper and my (forgive me) B.S. meter is running a little low. It would be nice to take a couple of days to recharge, but there's no rest for the wicked, as they say.

As for my previous blog about how I thought the last couple of weeks of school would be easy to get through.... forget it. It sucks! Going to class is one of the biggest chores now, I'd almost prefer to go to work and clean! Trust me, that's bad. Only about 2 more weeks of classes to slog through, so hopefully I don't give up on myself and not go to them. Anyone who feels like praying for me could pray that I would have the determination to finish all the work I have left to do and be able to stick it out to the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home